martes, 30 de diciembre de 2008

Welcome to Persistent Object !!!!!

Hi !!!!, happy new year 2009, and welcome to Persistent Object.

This blog is the english version of Objeto Persistente, my other blog in Spanish language in which I've been blogging about Xbase Technologies since 2005.

During the last 3 years the Spanish blog has had over 160 thousand visitors (around 4000 monthly) but during these last months I've noticed that A LOT of non spanish-speakers have come to visit my blog interested in the topics covered there, so, I've decided to start this new year with an English version of the same blog.

But... who am I anyway ?

Well I'm basically an Xbase programmer, focused mainly in CA-Clipper and (x)Harbour, but I've been working also with Xbase++, Visual FoxPro and other Xbase languages.

Are you kind of a Guru or Advisor or something like that ?

Well, I'm far away to be called a guru, I think on myself as a "highly skilled programmer" or as a "Clippersaurus" if you prefer.

I've been working with Xbase tech over 20 years now, first with Clipper, today with Xailer and (x)Harbour. I have been speaker in more than 1000 seminars and training series for Clipper, FiveWin, Xailer and (x)Harbour in countries such United States, Italy, India, Spain, Mexico, Panama, Colombia, Venzuela, Chile, Argentina and Bolivia.

My company is an Xbase Consulting firm since 1994 and we use Xbase for all our current projects, in fact, today we have over 10 active consulting projects running in different countries (Spain and Mexico mostly) for different companies, private and goverment, our customers are from single programmers, midsize companies or big ones such Ford, Bayer, Gedas, Honda, Zurich Insurance, Buenavista Entertainment and others.

All our projects are handle with Xbase language: We do windows programming with Xailer (we used to work with FiveWin, but not any more), we do Web programming with (x)Harbour, and we do client-server projects with Advantage Database Server or with any ADO-enable SQL DataBase.

What you will find here ?

Well, a little bit of everything, some stuff about Xbase technologies, programming tips, some gossips about our programming world, reviews of nice and useful programming tools you can use in your daily work with (x)Harbour among other things.

Many of the articles you will find here have been already published in the Spanish blog, some are very "hot topics" and all of you are invited to post your comments, good or bad, but in a mutual respect enviroment, I want to hear about you and what you think about my posts.

You will find a weekly articles (I hope), I'll do my best to have something interesting every week and I'd like you to come very often and check what's new, don't forget to sindicate this site so you will always know whenever there's something new.

Having said that.... it's time to begin.... thanks for reading and welcome again to PERSISTENT OBJECT !!!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario